Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Author Spotlight for David Michael



*****David Michael*****


David has written 5 books in the United Series. 
You can check them out here:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/117276-the-united-series



He is now working on the Dick Dynasty Trilogy. 
You can read all about book one here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25193398-porter

All of his amazingness can be purchased here:
http://www.amazon.com/David-Michael/e/B00HGUDM9S/



BASICS
 Name
David Michael

City/State/Country
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Age(ish)
28 (and almost a half)

Married/single
Single. Very very single.

Kids/fur babies 
gatos and a very tiny pooch.

Occupation
Author and Bartender!

Your writing genre 
The first series I wrote was paranormal romance. The trilogy I’m working on right now is erotic comedy. I have a bucket list item to write a book in every major genre before I die though.


BOOKY TYPE STUFF
Who is your favorite author of all time? 
Nora Roberts! Tell anyone and I’ll have to hurt you.  

What was your first writing idea that you can remember? 
It was a story about my best friend ditching me for the “popular” kids.

What is your favorite out of your own work? 
The 4th book in the United Series, ‘Damned’.

Top 5 fav/most influencal books to you.....
My Side of the Mountain’, ‘Between A Rock and A Hard Place’, ‘The Lost Years of Merlin’, ‘TheMoonQuest’, and ‘Stealing Shadows’

Your ideas come from...... 
Usually, right as I’m laying down to go to bed, an idea strikes me and if I try to ignore it and just go to sleep, my brain goes into overdrive and starts plotting like crazy. I can’t sleep if I don’t get up and write down at least a basic outline because my brain panics at the thought of forgetting it.

You can only read one book for the rest of you life..... What is it? 
‘TheMoonQuest’ by Mark David Gerson. I think I’ve re-read it more times than any other book in my entire life.


PERSONAL INSIGHTS
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 
Writing, travelling, and working inthe garden with a giant floppy hat like an old southern woman!

Most likely thing sitting on your desk while writing? 
COFFEE!

Where would you go and what would you do if you had all the time and money you would need? 
Northern Australia! The people there are AMAZING, the weather is AMAZING, and the wildlife is AMAZING. What’s not to love? Oh, and one of my besties, Lola Stark, is there. So there’s that.

Youre stuck on a deserted island and have 10 things that fit in your purse and one person....
What/who are they?
Can I have a backpack instead?! I don’t wanna carry a man purse! LOL! I’d probably say a knife, a flint, my cell phone (my Kindle App is on there!), my laptop (gotta write!), a water purification kit (fresh water can be hard to come by on islands!), the biggest container of coffee I can fit in there, a tarp, a camp shovel, a decent length of rope, and my dog (she weighs three pounds, she’d totally fit). And my roomie/best friend would be the person I had with me. He’s a handy son of a bitch to have around!

If you could meet anyone alive or dead...Who and why? 
Nora Roberts! I wanna pick her brain!

What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you? 
When I was in the 4th grade, the janitor at our school teased me in the middle of the cafeteria… It was not neat.


WOULD YOU RATHER?
Be able to see one year in to the future OR change one decision from your past? 
One year in the future. There’s no way to guarantee that a single change in the past will have the effect you want on the outcome, but if you could see a year in the future, you could do your best to consistently make decisions that could change what you see for the better.

Know without a doubt the purpose and direction of your life OR never have to worry about money for the rest of your life? 
Never have to worry about money. I think not knowing your purpose or direction in life keeps you open to trying new things that you might not see yourself doing otherwise. Think of the opportunities you’d miss KNOWING what you’re supposed to do.

Be able to run Olympic qualifying times OR be able to do complex math in your head? 
Running. I hate math. Running would keep me in shape!

Visit 100 years in the past or 100 years in the future? 
Future! There are history books if I want to visit the past!

Have bad breath or body odor? 
This is an awful, AWFUL question! I guess if I HAD to choose, it would be bad breath. That’s GENERALLY only detected if you get close. BO can fill an entire building… Eew.

FAVORITES

What is your favorite memory? 
The night my best friend and I downed an entire jug-o-wine and sat on my basement floor just talking until the sun came up. I think that was the night that cemented our friendship.

Cotton, lace, silk, or satin? 
Underwear? 
Cotton! Satin and silk rides and lace would look silly on me… Hahaha!
 Sheets? 
A high thread count is the best thing ever. (also cotton)

Boxers, briefs or commando? 
Boxer-briefs! 


Type of music? 
Country is my favorite.

Fav band? 
Garth Brooks has been my favorite artist since I was a little kid.

TV shows? 
Charmed and Buffy are tied for the favorite in this category.

Movies? 
Practical Magic!

Favorite foods...
 Comfort? 
Tater Tot Casserole
 Writing? 
Edamame
 All time? 
Lasagna

Favorite quote? 
“Everyone deserves the chance to fly”



FUN/NAUGHTY STUFF

First thing that catches your eye on a man? 
Smile… I LOVE a man with a good smile. **swoon**
Biggest turn off? 
Stupidity.

Craziest place you've had sex? 
In the back seat of my mom’s car parked in a cemetery.

Ever been caught having sex? 
Ugh… Yeah… We woke up his dad one time… He was nice enough to let us finish before he banged on the wall and told me to go home. LOL!

Favorite position? 
Standing with something solid to hold on to!

Ultimate fantasy you would love to try? 
Hmm… I think I’ve tried them all… Maybe sex in an airplane?

Your celebrity freebie 5? 
I get to pick FIVE of them?! SCORE! 1) Ryan Reynolds (OMG, -drool-), 2) Daniel Craig, 3) Alex Skarsgaard 4) Brian J. Smith and 5) Max Riemelt

Could you or have you ever filmed yourself? 
Yes. And Yes. I think, with some REALLY good detective work and some hacker skills, you could probably find a video or two online. I think.

Would you stay with someone you didn't like much if the sex was REALLY good? 
Until someone I DID like came along? Why not?

What's better in the bedroom....quality or quantity? (really great a couple times a week or or just average at least once a day?) 
Quality. Absolutely quality!

Are you more of a dominant or a submissive? 
I’m a bit aggressive in the bedroom, so I tend to be more dominant.

What's the longest you've ever gone without sex? 
As of January of this year, it had been five and a half years. Resetting the timer because of one night of drunken fun puts me at almost 6 months now. I’m kinda picky when it comes to my men!



David Michael is the author of The United Series - a five-book paranormal romance series - and the Dick Dynasty Trilogy. His passion for writing was born of his passion for reading. He spent his childhood escaping into the worlds created for him by authors and has always aspired to join their ranks. After the publication of his first novel, he couldn't be stopped.
David lives in Salt Lake City, hates the snow, loves his pets (two cats and a dog), and more often than not can be found sitting in front of his laptop in his underwear hammering away at the keyboard (usually chatting on Facebook). He's a firm believer that what you put out into the universe comes right back to you and always looks for the silver lining around the rain clouds in life.
You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Amazon, Goodreads, and WordPress
He would love to hear from you! You can email him at author.david.michael@gmail.com or visit his Website: www.authordavidmichael.com






No comments:

Post a Comment